Getting Un-Ready: My Nighttime Skincare Routine



One of the most popular questions I get asked is what I use to care for my skin, so I teamed up with Clinique and Latina Bloggers Connect to share my nightly skincare routine.

When it comes to getting ready, I’m notorious for taking what feels like days to emerge from my bathroom. (Cue everyone that knows me IRL nodding vigorously.) Though the older I get, the more time I find myself spending to get “un-ready.” I’m lucky to have been blessed with generally good skin, but it really wasn’t until college that I realized I needed to make an effort to care for it. As they say, with age comes wisdom –  namely the wisdom to finally realize that sleeping in makeup every night is 1) terrible for your skin, 2) ruining the expensive facial you just got, and 3) staining your sheets.

If you’re exploring skincare for the first time, the basic steps include Cleansing, Exfoliating & Moisturizing.

Now that I’m in my late twenties, my skin has been going through some noticeable changes and I’ve had to adjust my regimen to address issues like dryness and loss of collagen. Having always been a normal/combination skin type, it was a difficult adjustment when my face suddenly became overly dry a few months ago. In searching for a solution, I visited Clinique.com and took the skin diagnostic. After answering a brief series of questions about myself, the quiz determined I have Dry/Combination skin and recommended a personalized 3-step system. (Try it for yourself to make sure you're using products that benefit your skin type.)


Photo by Bella Mente Photography

Step 1 of my “un-ready” routine is removing my makeup with makeup wipes. (Currently I’m using Clinique’s Pep-Start Cleansing Swipes, which are also great to prep your skin prior to applying makeup.) Even when I’m exhausted, I’ll at least wipe down my face to allow my skin to breathe overnight. I like wipes instead of a traditional makeup remover because they’re easy (I’m lazy!), and provide added exfoliation.
                                                
Step 2 I apply about a quarter-sized amount of Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild to my face and work it into a lather with my Foreo Luna. Using a cleansing brush ensures the cleanser really penetrates the skin and gets the leftover makeup and dirt the makeup wipes may have left behind. Plus, the facial massage is like a mini-spa treatment at home.

Step 3 After I pat my face dry, I sweep a cotton ball with Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 across my face. This is similar to an astringent or witch hazel, helping to sweep away dead skin cells and any leftover oil. I love the refreshing feeling you get from using the lotion.

Step 4 To combat drynessI apply a couple of drops of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel all over my face. (I do this in the morning, also.) My dermatologist recommended this to me last year and it has been one of my favorite additions to my skincare. Make sure to apply this prior to your moisturizer as it helps it to absorb better.

Step 5 One of my biggest peeves about my skin is the loss of volume I’ve started to notice in my under eyes. Preventative skincare measures should start in your late twenties, so I’ve been using StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate to combat those pesky wrinkles none of us want.

Step 6 Last but not least I moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ (DDML+) is an improved version of the cult-classic that now offers double the hydration and protection, and actually strengthens the skin barrier to keep your skin hydrated over time. Note: a little goes a long way.



Products Used


  1. Clinique Pep-Start Cleansing Swipes
  2. Foreo Luna Sensitive/Normal Skin
  3. Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild
  4. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
  5. StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles
  6. SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel
  7. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+







This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Clinique and Latina Bloggers Connect. The opinions and text are all mine.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig