Shades of Blue


One of my favorite things about working from a home office is (obviously) the dress code; there isn't one. Fussy pantsuits, ill-fitting polyester skirts, and generally boring business attire are now just bad memories from my corporate past. While I do love a great power suit, some days I roll out of bed and just want to wear a slip dress... or boyfriend jeans and a concert tee... or my favorite yoga leggings (that I don't go to yoga in, ha.) And I do. Yet on other days I crave a chic buttoned up look, and reach for a classic striped blouse like this Riley-Fit style from Banana Republic. A woman can never have too many button-down shirts, and this is one of my new favorites.

The feminine ruffled collar on this blouse adds the perfect chic detail to an otherwise classic dress shirt. One of my biggest fashion pet peeves is when a button-down is too long or wide and the extra fabric bunches at the waist creating a terribly unflattering silhouette. Not the case here! I love that the cut is perfectly tailored to fit my petite frame. (It comes in regular, petite, and tall sizes.) To keep this look cool, (err, to avoid melting into a puddle,) I styled the look with chic chambray shorts by Derek Lam 10 Crosby and fun baby blue heels. Can you believe these shorts were a T.J.Maxx find? They were originally over $400 and I paid about $70. Maj score!

Would you wear a dress shirt with shorts?

What I wore

Derek Lam 10 Crosby Shorts via T.J.Maxx (similar)
Steve Madden Heels (similar or here)




SHOP THE LOOK




Photos by @kgohhsnap


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig