Bachelorette Weekend in Playacar, Mexico


Now that I'm a married woman, I figured it was time to share details from my bachelorette trip to Mexico.  This time last year I broke the news to my bridal party that we would be celebrating over Labor Day weekend in Playa del Carmen courtesy of Palace Resorts. We booked our flights, confirmed our stay at Playacar Palace, and my bride squad did the rest from there. 

I don't remember who came up with the Barbie Bachelorette theme, (likely me,) but my girls don't mess around when it comes to a good theme or hosting a party. The morning we traveled to Mexico, I was greeted with not one, but two Barbies upon arrival to the Miami airport at 6 A.M. The surprises kept coming from there. With so many photos, snaps and fun moments from the trip that I wanted to share, I decided to put together a video to help capture our weekend in the best way. (Let me know what you think & if I should make more videos!)

Planning a bachelorette party? I linked most of the accessories & decor items seen throughout my photos and video below, along with some new favorites that will be appreciated by any bride-to-be. 


KELLY'S PICKS: BACHELORETTE FAVORS & DECOR




First sign it would be a great weekend? This girl met us at the airport. So began #kellysdreambach

After checking in and getting settled, we immediately headed to the pool to get the party really started. The girls created a diversion and when I later returned to the room I found our bedroom decked out like Barbie's Dream House. So perfect! Our corner suite had us feeling like true queens of the Palace, and included a whirl pool, in-room bar, and private terrace just steps from the sand.

The beauty of an all-inclusive resort: every hour is a bottomless happy hour. No, seriously.

Festive pool floats are a must. (Naming them is optional... Meet Bernie & Eriberto.)

When my mom kept asking for us to send her photos, I was glad we had stand-ins.

The hotel concierge recommended a day trip to nearby Tulum that was part adventure, part cultural excursion. The morning included zip-lining, rappelling, and snorkeling, followed by lunch and a walking tour of the Tulum ruins. I'm so glad I worked through my fear of heights because the views from the zip-line were insanely beautiful. I love that the tour company had a photographer capture all of our extreme activities throughout the day, because no one was going to believe I actually rappelled down a 5-story tower while barefoot. (Promise I did! Watch the video below.)

Gold tattoos for the squad

Tulum

There's nothing like a coco frio on a sweltering day (and a cute new bag!)

Playacar Palace is just steps away from La Quinta Avenida, also known as Fifth Avenue, a popular (and safe) tourist area that is lined with shops, bars and restaurants. Here you will find an array of places to shop, from familiar brands like Michael Kors, Rolex and H&M, to tourist gift shops and local artisans. We spent a couple of hours exploring the local vendors for treasures like mochilas, sundresses, and ceramic art. One of my favorite finds was a vibrant hand-painted Frida Kahlo book that I keep on my coffee table. We may or may not have also bought enormous Mexican sombreros.

By the end of the long weekend we were on a first-name basis with the resort staff, and our bartenders were bringing us refills before we even knew we wanted them. On one particular evening, we stayed out at the beach through dinner, (because: dance party,) and were surprised with pizza and snacks from one of the cooks who thought we might be hungry. There is a reason why Mexico is known for its hospitality. We were determined to have a memorable weekend regardless, but the warmth and care we received from everyone at Playacar Palace was truly the icing on my pre-wedding cake. Is celebrating the anniversary of your bachelorette a thing? Can we make that happen??





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig