Fashion Star Designers Host Viewing Party in Miami

Fashion Star designers Orly Shani and Luciana Scarabello in their own designs.

On Tuesday Daily Candy & Suave Beauty teamed up to host a posh Style Suite and viewing party of NBC's Fashion Star at Miami's Viceroy Hotel. Four of the show's remaining designers were on hand to greet fans and dish behind the scenes secrets, including Orly Shani, Ronnie Escalante, Nzimiro Oputa, and Miami native Luciana Scarabello.


While I'm not a devoted Fashion Star viewer, I do catch the show occasionally and was excited to meet two of my favorites, Orly & Luciana. I was attending the GUESS 30th anniversary party in South Beach (more on that later) during the first half of the evening so I missed out on the mini makeovers by Suave. I arrived just in time to catch the show at 10pm and was treated with fresh baked cookies by the Club 50 staff, and a sweet goodie bag of Suave styling products that I can't wait to try. 

Orly is as funny as she is beautiful. There's a cool, confident vibe about her that draws you in. She was dressed in one of her own designs, a fun cobalt blue dress with zippered back that she sold to H&M in a past FS episode. Everyone in the room was clearly disappointed when her motorcycle dress/vest wasn't purchased (me included!)

Local girl Luciana had quite the fan club in attendance, with the room erupting in cheers whenever she appeared on screen. I couldn't help but join in the applause for her super sexy design this week, which was ultimately purchased by Saks. The Argentinian designer is a pint-sized beauty, making me feel like I was towering over her-- and that doesn't happen. She was also wearing her own design, a gorgeous floral frock from the show that I'm sad I missed out on.

There's only six contestants left on the NBC fashion competition - Vote in the poll below and let me know who you think the last designer standing will be!


What I wore- Floral Dress by Romeo + Juliet Couture via Loehmann's (similar here), Steve Madden Leopard Heels




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig