Diary of a Weekend Staycation



When you can't get away, a great staycation can usually do the trick. So was the case last weekend when we celebrated Eric's birthday with a relaxing stay at the Loews Miami Beach. Birthdays are a big deal for me, thanks to my mom who always went out of her way to throw fun parties for us growing up. (She used any excuse to throw a party. Broken finger? Time to party!) I couldn't get the Ninja Turtles to appear for my future hubby's big day, but I did plan a series of fun events that I attempted to surprise him with. I "attempted" because the man might as well be the next Sherlock Homes. 

Friday started off with a food tour of Wynwood courtesy of Miami Culinary Tours. The tour takes two-and-a-half hours and includes stops at five different restaurants. My favorite was the first stop at Mmmm, a stylish little bistro whose Miami-chic decor is just as good as the tasty coconut gazpacho and fresh tartine we were welcomed with. With full (and happy) bellies, next we checked-in at the Loews where we were received by the most hospitable staff. We dined at Lure Fish Bar that night and I promise you I am still craving the crispy rice and decadent ice cream sandwiches. So much yum!!

We woke on Saturday with plans to do nothing but lounge at the pool, but eventually had to come up with a new plan when it started to rain. I headed to the hotel's Exhale Spa for a manicure and ended up having a full-on beauty day. The steam room and hot tub were the perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon. Later we took a 3-minute cab ride over to Lincoln Road and took in a movie before dinner. 

The rest of the weekend was filled with friends, cocktails, and doing absolutely nothing while soaking up the sun at the pool. We loved every second of our #LoewsMiami experience; it truly was the perfect vacation in our own backyard.


What I wore (above)
Pom Pom Coverup via Savvy Girl (old)

**I forgot my camera so all of these photos are from instagram - follow me there, too!


Wynwood Walls, mural by Miss Van


Palm tree lined walkway at Loews Miami Beach


Levis Shorts via Urban Outfitters (similar, or here) | Ray-Ban Aviators


SHOP THE LOOKS




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig