Derby Daze

{Bebe Lace Panel Dress - Nordstrom Fascinator Headband - HSN Ring}

In honor of today's Kentucky Derby, I bring you my photos from the Florida Derby at Gulfstream Park. Having never been to a horse race before, I knew there was one key component to my outfit that had to be just right... the hat! You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a "derby hat" in South Florida. After searching in a few stores I came across this beautiful headband, which I later learned is called a Fascinator, at Nordstrom and had to have it! Paired with a ladylike lace accent pencil dress and oversized pearl ring, I dubbed this look Cuban Kate Middleton. I even had a couple at the track ask if I had come from England. (An older woman also yelled, "Hey, it's Lady Gaga!") Mint Julep anyone?

Pictured above: Looking like ladies that lunch. At left, my girlfriend Natalie looked beautiful in a watercolor floral print sundress and straw hat. I love how the stripes in her hat matched the colors from her dress!

From instagram; me & my beau blue ♥



Share:

5 comments

  1. Are those the same picture edited ?

    Any ways she is so beautiful



    GED Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. how darling is that hat on you!
    i love how you kept thing neutral but made a statement with the hat

    xo kaitlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The blue hat was an ode to my boyfriend; it's his favorite color ;)

      Delete

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig