What I Wore | Braids & Bikinis

{Dress Agua Bendita at The Orchid Boutique - Shoes bebeClutch Aldo - Earrings Charlotte Russe}

I've been meaning to post pictures from my Braids & Bikinis event at The Orchid Boutique for over a week now but life has been hectic! Not that I'm complaining. The Miami fashion bloggers have been quite busy as of late and I'm loving all of the positive things happening for us. It's been great meeting other fashion enthusiasts around town and collaborating on fun events, like B&B.

The team at The Orchid Boutique invited me to style the 'feature wall' where I chose my favorite swim trends for summer 2012. I wanted to offer options for women of all body types, so my selections included a deep-v one piece, neon brights, tribal prints, a high waisted pin-up look, and my favorite trend - fringe! Owner Mayra Jimenez and I discussed my styling choices in a webisode that you can watch here.

Kelly's Kloset Feature Wall at The Orchid Boutique

Let's talk about the dress I wore, because I am in l-o-v-e with it! The bright graphic print, beaded accents, peplum detail, and lightweight fabric all combine to make this dress versatile enough to toss over your bikini and go just about anywhere. (Note: Next time I wear this will be poolside in Las Vegas with sky high wedges and a fabulous hat.) If you're not familiar with Agua Bendita, the luxury Colombian swimwear brand is known for their youthful, latin-inspired designs. The line is a favorite of the Sports Illustrated Swimwear Edition, and yours truly! I have to be honest, I feel like I won the lottery with this frock because I'm told it has been discontinued. Part of the allure of owning a piece of Agua Bendita is that production is limited. Each collection is exclusive, ensuring you'll be the only babe on the beach in your handmade suit. But, if the thought of not owning this dress is going to keep you up at night, call the boutique... they may just have one left!

With Sandirose Madger aka @TheManeMuchacha of Blo Midtown & Mayra Jimenez

The Feature Wall

Thanks to Kathryn of Kathy's Kakery (my sister!) for the delish cupcakes


Cupcakes for everyone!

My mannequin is working that fringe.  TopPants by L*Space.


Check out more pics from Braids & Bikinis on Facebook

Share:

2 comments

  1. I'm bummed I missed this event, weather had me down. You look fab though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print on that dress is truly FAB!

    ReplyDelete

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig