Fresh Start: My Super Protein Smoothie


Even though it’s pretty much summer year-round in Miami, spring break is always a reminder that bikini season is just around the corner. I’ve been majorly slacking on my fitness since our wedding last October, and as a result feeling sluggish and bloated for the past couple of months. The worst thing about dropping your regular workout routine is that you start allowing unhealthy habits to creep – an order of fries becomes a cheat meal, and then a cheat day, and before you know it you’re subsisting on lattes and Starbucks snack boxes for brunch, and indulging in one too many glasses of wine at happy hour… or maybe that’s just me? Oops.

It was perfect timing when Kura reached out to me a couple of weeks ago and invited to me try their gluten-free protein powders. Time to get back on the wagon! Kura Smoothie Starters come in individual servings of Vanilla, Berry and Chocolate flavors and are the perfect way to amp up any smoothie with all-natural, GMO free nutrients. I love (and miss!) my green smoothies, so the Vanilla Kura was the best addition to a recipe I already used.


Kelly’s Super Protein Smoothie

1 Serving Vanilla Kura Smoothie Powder
1 Cup Water (Sub. Almond Milk for creamier taste)
1 Handful Organic Baby Spinach
1 Cup Organic Strawberries
½ Frozen Banana
2 tbs. Chia Seeds


Toss the Kura powder and all of the ingredients into a blender or Vitamix, and you have a nutritious breakfast in under 5 minutes. For a thicker smoothie, I like to use frozen fruits. (Make sure to pre-slice the banana and berries prior to freezing.) Another way to mix it up is by swapping the water for coconut water or almond milk. 

I love starting my day with this smoothie because it’s packed with not only protein, but also 26 vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and omega-3s that keep my body balanced and energized throughout the day. I don’t have to stress if I forget to take my supplements in the morning because the Kura powder alone is full of 4 billion probiotics and all of my necessary daily nutrients. It's commonly said that a nutritious breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and now I can't use lack of time as an excuse for skipping it. Since I'm not a morning person, I prepare my smoothies in the evening before bed and store in a blender bottle in the fridge overnight.

Let me know if you try out my Super Protein Smoothie recipe or create your own. Enjoy $5 off any Kura purchase on Amazon now thru 4/30/16 with the code KURAKURA.


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kura. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig