Miami's First Organic Nail Bar



My weekly manicures are as much a treat as they are a ritual. I can't remember how young I was when I started having my nails done professionally, but suffice it to say I could probably paint my way to the moon with nail polish by now. A true beauty junkie through and through, I've tried every nail trend out there... like that time I got acrylic stiletto nails for New York Fashion Week, and ended up with brittle little stubs when I finally got tired of refilling them. This time around the latest in nailcare is actually good for you.

GLOSS Nail Bar is the Whole Foods of nail salons. I never had an organic manicure before this, but I never want to have another non-organic one again. Did you know that most of your favorite nail polishes are made with toxic ingredients like formaldehyde, BPA, and parabens? At GLOSS, your organic mani experience includes petroleum-free, soy based polish remover, a massage with organic oils, and non-toxic, 5-free nail polish from GLOSS Naturals in your choice of 100 chic shades. The salon and accompanying product line were truly a labor of love for owner Sandra Weir, who created both with her teenage daughter in mind. When she couldn't find a nail salon in Miami that offered products and services sans harmful chemicals, the businesswoman and mother of two left her successful career in banking to create GLOSS.

Don't let the "green" philosophy behind the salon fool you, it's every bit as luxurious as it is eco-friendly. Sandra and her staff are the absolute sweetest, and I'm not just saying that because they offer me wine and bubbly every time I'm there; every client is treated like a VIP. (Even my Maltese Khloe has been a guest!) If you're into nail art make sure to book an appointment with Tanya, who may very well be the Picasso of nails. (Check out her work on Instagram @glossmiami.)



If You Go


GLOSS Nail Bar
214 Andalusia Avenue, Coral Gables.
Salon Hours: Tuesday-Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursday-Saturday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Make appointments online at www.glossmiami.com or by calling (305) 569-7700

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig