A Short Story

The Rubell Family Collection in Wynwood
{ZARA Blouse & Pink Shorts - BCBGMAXAZRIA Clutch - Bebe Studded Wedges -
Henri Bendel & Forever 21 Bracelets - Lola Sunnies}


You first got a peek at this look in Microsoft Aims for Style in Miami. Funny thing is, this outfit almost didn't happen. Let me explain... When I heard that ZARAone of my favorite places to shop, had just completely overhauled their Dadeland Mall store I was conflicted about whether or not to check it out. Fellow bloggers & friends warned of the major amounts of cash I would drop just by walking through the shiny glass doors. Some even likened it to the devil- but I went anyway! (They were right.) I loved these amazing pink tweed shorts at first glance, but my shopaholic guilt started to cloud my judgement. Are pink shorts a good investment? Will I get enough wear out of them? Good thing I shut off that little voice because I took them home and have been wearing them with everything! Here I paired them with an awesome floral silk blouse that I purchased during the same fateful shopping trip. Other options for pink shorts? A chambray shirt, sleeveless white button down, sheer blush tank... Moral of the story: If you're second guessing investing in a piece that seems risky, think again! A bright basic like pastel shorts or printed pants can be the breath of fresh air your wardrobe needs. Shake things up and try something new this summer- you may end up loving the unexpected.

Coffee break at Lester's. {Zara Pink Shorts, Similar here}
Seeing double at the De la Cruz Collection in Wynwood
Flower Power - De la Cruz Collection, 2nd Floor
Joan. Rivers. At the Rubell Family Collection

Share:

10 comments

  1. Love the whole outfit!

    xo-Leila
    http://keepin-itpretty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look ;) I may need to swing by my Zara and look for that top.....luvs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They still had it when I passed by last week. x

      Delete
  3. Love that outfit Kelly and the shoes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad I got these wedges before they sold out. They remind me of the Valentino rock studs (dream shoes!) :)

      Delete
  4. I know you were referring to my tweet I made about Zara being the devil's work!! Lol

    Love the pink shorts, they have the perfect shade of pink!

    Xo,

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha totes was! Funny because you weren't the only one to make the reference. xo

      Delete
  5. Hello! I just found out about your blog today! Excited to know you are from my area :)I am loving this outfit so much. The bright pink shorts are fantastic and paired up with the gold heels are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Great to hear from another Miami gal! Did you attend Fashion Bloggers Do It Better? Thanks for stopping by. x

      Delete

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig