What's In My Bag (Halloween Edition)

What's In My Bag, Halloween Edition

Happy Halloween, witches! October is a majorly indulgent month for me, starting with my birthday and ending with Halloween. Those that know me know that I have a serious sweet tooth, so when I recently received a care package from Hi-Chew I was absolutely delighted! Besides having a new treat to binge on, it helped me transition from birthday mode to trick-or-treat spirit. I stocked up our candy bowl at home, and am not embarrassed to say I've been keeping them in my bag along with some other seasonal essentials. Here's what's currently in my bag...

Hi-Chew Candy 
I literally cannot. stop. eating. them. Think of them as a hybrid of starburst and chewing gum, with better flavor and no stickiness. On crack. Eric has found me at home this week by following my trail of wrappers! Cherry and strawberry are my favorites, with grapefruit and grape coming in a close second and third. They’re available via Amazon Prime… hint hint. (Don’t say I didn’t warn you – addicting!)  (Price Varies, Hi-Chew)

MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Stallion
I love a good bold lip, and what better time than All Hallows’ Eve to break out a serious noir look. This shade is part of the new MAC Liptensity collection which offers super-rich, super-saturated colors with intense pigment. ($21, Nordstrom)

Dior Addict Lip Glow
Basically my chapstick. I use this daily; worn alone it creates a soft pink, natural looking flush that is perfect for the no-makeup makeup look. It’s also great to wear as a primer to hydrate lips under a matte lipstick. ($33, Sephora)

Cat Mask
This year we get to go trick-or-treating with Eric’s one-year-old Goddaughter and I thought this chic cat mask would be the perfect accessory to wear without having to spend a fortune on an additional costume. It’s also great to keep in your purse for quick costume changes. ($12.99, Claire’s)

Oribe Dry Texturizing Purse Spray
I live for this stuff. Whether my hair is freshly blown out or close to embarrassing levels of dirty, this spray is a godsend. It’s part dry shampoo/part texturizer, and gives you that perfect lived-in VS angel hair. I keep my bathroom stocked with the full-size version, and the mini in my purse for quick touchups. Pro Tip: Spray this on your Halloween wig to dull the shininess so it looks more authentic. Works like a charm! ($22, Neiman Marcus)

Cat Eye Sunglasses
No self respecting Miami girl can go anywhere without cute shades. (A must for those no-makeup errands.) I have so many pairs, I find them randomly tucked away in purses and compartments of my car. I don’t discriminate either; I’m known to prowl the mall kiosk for super cute $10 sunnies that I won’t feel guilty about losing. ($26, Fantaseyes)

Coin Purse
I’ve been on a major mini bag kick lately, which means my wallet doesn’t always make the cut of essentials. Solution? I carry a cute coin purse or zipper pouch to keep my ID and credit cards. This comes in handy when I’m running an errand and don’t necessarily want to carry a handbag. (Sold Out. Similar, ASOS)

Clinique Stay Matte Powder Compact
I haven’t left home without this powder since being introduced to it over the summer. I hate the “caked on” makeup look you can get from other powders, which is exactly why I love the sheer quality of this formula from Clinique. Plus, the jade-like compact is majorly chic. ($25, Nordstrom)

Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in American Doll
I was a little late to the matte liquid lipstick craze, but since trying Anastasia’s version I keep one in my bag at all times. You can never go wrong with a classic red lip and “American Doll” is the perfect blue-based red. If I’m short on time and can’t do a full makeup application, a quick swipe of this makes all the difference. ($20, Sephora)

Lace Choker
The nineties’ favorite accessory has basically taken over my jewelry box. Gimme all the chokers! Love this affordable style to create a quick “vampy” look for the holiday. ($12.99, Claire’s)

Business Cards
Call me old school, but I still like to carry around business cards. Sure, it’s easy to direct contacts to check out your Instagram page, but I like the feeling of having something you can see and feel. Do you still use physical business cards, or do you think they’re totally lame?


Have a very happy & safe Halloween! xx


SHOP THE LOOK



Photo by @kgohhsnap

This post is brought to you by Hi-Chew. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig