Surprising My Pin Pals with Marshalls


Marshalls has always been one of my favorite places to shop for stylish steals, both for my wardrobe and home. Growing up, it was my mom’s first stop when it was time for back-to-school shopping for my sisters and I. By the time I got to college, weekly trips to the Homegoods department were practically mandatory. From hairbrushes and makeup wipes, to underwear, throw pillows, cutlery, wine glasses… they basically have anything you need. (If you follow me on Snapchat, you know I’m a frequent visitor.)

Needless to say, I jumped at the chance when Marshalls approached me to participate in a fun and unique campaign to surprise a few of my Pinterest followers. I’m always blown away by the incredible items I come across while shopping there, so the opportunity to pass that surprise on to some of my readers was doubly exciting!

WHAT IS A PIN PAL?

Did you ever have a pen pal back in grade school? Marshalls took that idea and put a millennial spin on it! They tasked me with randomly selecting three of my most engaged Pinterest followers, and curating a Marshalls Surprise gift box inspired by their pin boards. Much like Pinterest, I often get inspired by the little treasures I discover at Marshalls. Pin Pals takes that to the next level by bringing your pin-spiration to life. 

TIME TO SHOP

With $100 to spend on each of my surprise boxes, I got to work! Because Marshalls stocks such a vast variety of items, it’s easy to get overwhelmed when shopping there. For this reason, I always try to have a plan in place prior to my visit. I get easily distracted, so having a list or notes is ideal for managing my time. (I mean, I don’t know how many times a trip for a new pair of shoes resulted in redecorating my guest bathroom plus a new outfit for my maltese, and “emergency” greeting cards. Totally normal.)

After reviewing my Pin Pals’ Pinterest boards, I created a theme for each of them. The first had countless recipes pinned, along with a sprinkling of makeup inspiration, so I selected a cooking theme while also including some of my favorite beauty tools like a must-have beauty blender ($3.99) and a new set of makeup brushes ($12.99!)


A peek inside one of my Pin Pals’ care packages. All pumpkin everything!

Pin Pal number two was a fashion girl, so I selected a variety of on-trend items like a bomber jacket ($29.99), a velvet bodysuit, and a new handbag. For $100 I managed to style a fun outfit, plus some extra fashionista goodies.

My last Pin Pal seemed to enjoy relaxation and health, so I created a box with all of the essentials for an at-home spa day. A delicious plush robe ($19.99), cozy jammies, coconut body scrub, scented soy candle ($7.99), and a monogrammed tea mug were a few of my surprise finds. 

This was such a rewarding project to take part in; I can’t wait to hear back from these ladies.

WANT TO BE A PIN PAL?

Follow the Marshalls Pin Pals board on Pinterest and re-pin your favorites for your chance to receive your own #MarshallsSurprise! Contest rules: http://bit.ly/2cSiNbc


Top: Lovers + Friends, Bottom: Joe’s Jeans, Both via Marshalls

  
This post is brought to you by Marshalls. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig