Accessorizing White for Summer



With summer almost officially here, (just four more work days until Memorial Day weekend!) there’s no better time to break out your favorite whites. I’m lucky enough to spend most of my time in the state of perpetual summer known as Miami, so wearing white is more a rule than an exception. Regardless of climate, I love wearing white throughout the seasons because it’s refreshing, clean and classic. It also offers a contrast against my brunette hair, which can often get lost when I wear all-black.

One of my favorite things about wearing white is that it’s a great blank canvas to feature accessories like a bold bag or a statement shoe. Accessories are key elements to a well rounded wardrobe, and the best way to make a fashion statement regardless of budget. With delicate styles like this lace blouse, I would typically wear a nude, tan or blush hued bag, but when Vince Camuto sent over this suede crossbody bag last week I couldn’t wait to wear it. I had been eyeing this saddle bag for some time, but kept debating between the blush and the black. I’m glad I decided on the black because it’s so versatile that I’ll be able to wear it year-round. For a genuine suede & leather bag with beautiful woven details and a luxe tassel, it looks far more expensive than its $250 price tag. The Izzi bag is roomy enough for your everyday essentials, and perfect to throw on for all of your summer travels.

Teamed with my white lace blouse (an oldie but a goodie,) and shorts, this jet black suede bag pops; it adds an unexpected toughness to an otherwise ultra-feminine look. I tied the outfit together with these sweet bow sandals (under $40!) and another one of my favorite accessories: a black velvet choker.




What I wore

Alexis Lace Top (Sold Out. Similar here)
Zara Shorts (Similar here, here, here)
Vince Camuto Tassel Flap Bag
Shoedazzle Heels (Similar here, here, here)
Quay Sunglasses

SHOP THE LOOK 


Photos: AOliva Photography

This post is brought to you by Vince Camuto. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig