My Très Chic Bridal Shower


While girls often plan their dream weddings long before meeting their prince charming, I had my dream bridal shower and didn’t even see it coming!

My bridal shower wasn’t a surprise party, but the amount of work that went into all of the beautiful and personalized details was astonishing.  I had been so focused on keeping calm and avoiding bridezilla mode that I practically coasted through our engagement and wedding planning. Anytime someone asked if I was stressed or nervous, (which was often... very often,) I would crack a big smile and assure them I was as cool as a cucumber. In typical Kelly fashion, up to this point the only thing that really put me on edge was not finding the perfect dress to wear to the shower. (I bought two and one was never delivered. Exactly what nightmares are made of.)

When the morning of the shower rolled around everything became very real as my 8 a.m. alarm sounded. My first thought: Why am I awake at such an ungodly hour?? It’s Sunday! Second thought: Wait. I’m getting married (very soon)!

My best friend and Maid of Honor, Stephanie, is an attorney by day and pinterest-addicted party planner by night. Together with my mother and sister, she hosted the most stylish couture-inspired brunch that I could have ever hoped for. The afternoon was over in what felt like two blinks, but was filled with plenty of laughter, countless sweet moments, and most importantly, people that I love.  It’s good to be the bride, but it’s better to have great friends and family to celebrate these special moments with.

bridal-shower-fashion-magazine-invitation
Fashion illustrator and personal friend Gissi aka The Architect of Style created the ultra chic magazine-inspired invitation.

Bride wears white lace dress
Zimmermann Dress via StudioLX, Stuart Weitzman Nudist Heel, Taudrey Coordinates Cuff

white leather clutch purse glam chic
Fit for a bride: Loved this beautiful gift from Gedebe.

bridal beauty look with glamorous hollywood waves hair
Hair Extensions c/o Hotheads, Styling c/o Glamsquad

The GLAMSQUAD team showed up bright and early to take care of my bridal beauty so that I could relax. I asked hair stylist Vanessa for classic Hollywood waves like Blake Lively and she blew me away. (My hair looked almost this good for the rest of the week, too!) 

It was nice to just focus on enjoying the day while having my hair and makeup done by pros. Plus, I got to stay in my pajamas longer. Have you tried Glamsquad yet? It's like Uber for beauty! Use code ksaks1 for $25 off your first appointment.

chanel flower cart bridal shower decoration
Guests took home gift bags filled with Dylan's Candy Bar Chocolate, Glamsquad Gift Card, Beauty for Real Light Up Lip Gloss, and Sinful Colors Nail Polish

I'm a sucker for anything personalized, but my own chocolate bar is literally the sweetest thing! Thanks to Dylan's Candy Bar for designing custom wrappers to match the girly event decor.

Aside from creating my custom fashion magazine-inspired invitations, The Architect of Style was in attendance to gift guests with a personalized sketch to take home.

bridal shower toilet paper dress game
A fashion girl's bridal shower would not be complete without a toilet paper wedding dress competition! Can you guess which dress I chose as the winner?

Zimmermann Dress via StudioLX, Taudrey Coordinates Cuff, Briana Earrings


Credits

Venue: Private Residence in Key Biscayne
Event Styling: Maid of Honor, Stephanie Jimenez
InvitationsThe Architect of Style
Catering: Mena Catering
Hair & Makeup: c/o GLAMSQUAD
Photography: Karla Garcia

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig