On Location with Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Dolce-Gabbanna-Models-Bianca-Balti-and-David-Gandy
There are few advertisements quite as iconic as those of the Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue fragrance. In celebration of two new limited editions of Light Blue, D&G superstars Bianca Balti and David Gandy brought the classic fragrance ad to life at the Miami Beach Edition Hotel as they posed for the lens of Victor Demarchelier, and later played hosts at a Mediterranean-inspired fete hosted by Refinery29.

The newest additions to the Light Blue family, Sunset in Salina for women and Swimming in Lipari for men, are the quintessential summer fragrances, evoking the warmth and energy of the Mediterranean. While the women’s version is fresh and floral, Swimming in Lipari is an aromatic water fragrance with the complex notes of Ambergris, Dry Woods and Musky notes. As summer winds down, these are the perfect fragrances to transport you to a sunny holiday on the pristine white beaches of the Aeolian Islands. Both exclusive scents are available at Nordstrom and Nordstrom.com.

I was invited behind the scenes of the Miami Beach shoot, and witnessed Demarchelier’s talent to create Vogue worthy images right before my eyes. When it came time to chat with Bianca and David, naturally I had to inquire about their beauty regimens, and what it’s like to have an insanely hot co-worker. From a must-have beverage to a glowing tan, read on for the dish…


Q & A with Bianca Balti

Kelly: Did you have a signature scent growing up?
Bianca Balti: You won’t believe me, but it was Light Blue! It was my first perfume as a teenager. That’s why I love it so much because it reminds me of when I was young!

The D&G Light Blue ads are extremely sexy. Has it ever become awkward working together [with David]?
BB: It wasn’t awkward when we first did the campaign together because I didn’t really know him then. Now because we know each other it can be a little awkward when we have to get so close to each other?

Does your significant other get jealous?
BB: Of course! Who wouldn’t get jealous of David Gandy?! Also all the women in my partner’s family – his mother and sister – were like ‘you are so lucky to get to go and work with David Gandy!’

What’s your best advice for looking great in front of the camera while in a swimsuit?
BB: Mario Testino does the magic for me! I feel pretty confident with such a great photographer; I always know he will make me look amazing. 

How has your personal style changed since you became a mother?
BB: I’ve always kept my style simple, but now I have two kids, I feel it is more important to feel feminine. I want to feel like I am still a woman, not just a mother.

What do you want to teach your daughter about beauty?
BB: I want to teach her to keep it simple. My daughter really likes to play with beauty. She wants to straighten her hair and wear lipstick. She really likes to play with makeup, but because she’s only eight, I want to teach her early on that she is beautiful the way she is and that she doesn’t need all of that.

What's your must-have beauty product?
BB: My favorite beauty product is foundation. I like to put it on very lightly, but it makes me feel more confident. Foundation is all I need.

Can you share your favorite supermodel beauty trick?
BB: I always recommend putting on your make up with your fingertips because you get a more natural result, and it’s easier to apply that way. Use your fingertips to apply your foundation, lipstick, and eyeshadows.

How do you keep your skin glowing?
BB: Glowing skin comes from within. It’s about what you eat and put in to your body. When I drink lots of water I can really see the difference in my skin, too.

What can American women learn from Italian women?
BB: Italian women have a natural style which comes from within. No matter what budget she has, her level of style is always high.



Q&A with Davidy Gandy

What is your morning ritual?
David Gandy: I have a coffee, I walk the dog, I take a shower, I put on my suit and I’m ready to go.

What is your favorite grooming product?
DG: A good moisturizer.

How do you prepare for a Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Shoot?
DG: There will be about a month of preparation where I will work out intensely and eat well. I also like to make sure I have a tan.

Do you have a special fitness regimen leading up to it?
DG: I just intensify what I already do. I will increase my work out from 3 or 4 times a week to 5 or 6 times a week. I will probably add in more circuits and supersets, too. My nutrition also changes as I have to eat a lot more protein to build muscle and stay lean at the same time.

Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue is known for its iconic ads and locations – which destination has been your favorite?
DG: I think my first shoot in Capri is still my favourite. It was iconic to me because it was the first time I had been to Capri and that first advert ignited the demand for Light Blue. It was the first step towards it becoming an iconic fragrance.


Photographer: Victor Demarchelier
Makeup: Christian McCulloch for Dolce&Gabbana Beauty
Retailer for Purchase: Nordstrom
Fashion: Dolce & Gabbana
Hair: Steven Hoeppner (Bianca) & Paolo Orlando (David)
Styling: Nora Flaherty

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig