Change is Good

kelly-saks-hairtalk-hair-extensions

New year, new me! Kidding. Well, kind of…

Between getting married in October, honeymooning, a family vacation to Europe, and the holidays, 2016 arrived before I even had a chance to legally change my last name. Consequently, this space has been a little quiet. (I know, I know!)

The good news is I’m back, (with new hair,) and things around here finally got a facelift. What do you think?

Now, about the hair. If you follow me on Instagram you saw me go from blushing bride with long flowing locks to chic wifey with a lob back in November. I had been itching to chop my hair for months before our wedding, so when our nuptials came and went I was practically counting the days until my cut with Carla at Emena Spa. Post-cut, I relished the fact that I could both wash, dry and style my hair in under an hour. My ponytails were shorter, but I could still rock sleek, tousled or curly styles. Life with a lob was fabulous.

Fast forward to two weeks ago when my friends at Hairtalk extensions asked me if I wanted to model for them at a huge beauty show called Front Row being hosted in Miami by none other than Oribe, and I couldn’t say no. My love for Hairtalk really knows no bounds. (Neither does my obsession with constantly changing my hair.) While I had spent two months embracing the “short hair, don’t care” lifestyle, the great thing about Hairtalk extensions is that they require zero commitment. They’re a fun way to temporarily add length, volume and/or color to your hair and can be removed in about 30 seconds. (I can even take them out myself at home – no crazy tools, pliers or heat required.)

behind-the-scenes-hair-kelly-saks-vicki-casciola

In under two hours, Master Educator Vicki Casciola took me from a layered lob, to bangs, to long flowing locks with ashy blonde highlights without actually cutting or dyeing my hair. Women are notoriously fearful of changing their hair, but with Hairtalk extensions changing up your look is as easy as changing your nail color. Seriously. I’ve had mani/pedis that take longer.


Which look is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!

To find a Hairtalk certified stylist in your area call 1 (800) 327-7971


Photos by Chris Ramos

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig