Denim and Detoxing


Swim Week kind of wiped me out. After four days of sweltering heat, runway shows, barely there bikinis, more sweltering heat, meetings, and a few parties, a girl needs her rest. Not to say it isn’t fun. I mean, I love spending the week previewing next season’s designs, hanging out with my favorite bloggers, and connecting with industry professionals –  BUT it’s. so. crazy. hot. In fact, there were many discussions amongst my friends about starting a petition to move Swim Week to December or January. (We like to humor ourselves.) I spent most of Saturday with a terrible headache, likely from dehydration, and know of at least two girls that suffered some type of heat-related illness. Even the countless tubs of sponsored SmartWater didn’t help.
How did I recover this week? By keeping it casual in jeans and hitting up my favorite juice bars as much as possible. I’ve found myself reaching for denim a lot more frequently lately, and I especially love the cut of the new mid-rise skinny flare from Express. They’re stretchy, comfortable, and make my 5’4” frame look model tall - which is always a win in my book. (Stylist secret: A boot cut or flare jean in a medium to dark denim hue paired with heels or wedges always gives the illusion of a longer leg!) To polish this look for the office, I accessorized with gold jewelry and hoop earrings to play up the vintage 70s vibe of the jeans. My detox this week has consisted of a super green smoothie from Ten Fruits for breakfast and an acai bowl or salad from Jugo Fresh for lunch. (I’m so glad they’ve both opened up shop in Coral Gables.) I typically eat really clean, but alas the Fashion Week champagne diet is unavoidable… cheers to getting back on the wagon!





Mid Rise Slim Flare Jean by Express | Fitted Denim Shirt by Express | Wedges by Express | 3.1 Phillip Lim Blush Pashli Bag via Nordstrom | Ray-Ban Classic Aviators | Jewelry: Gold Leaf Hoop Earrings, Druzy and Agate Pendant Necklace, Pave Bar Hand Chain, Double Ring (all by Express) Henri Bendel No. 7 Chunky Cuff | Watch: Rolex | Lips: MAC Relentlessly Red Matte


SHOP THE LOOK





This post was made possible by Express. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig