Starry Eyed

Aqua Floral Blazer | ZARA Star Top (old) | Bakers Heels | Ann Taylor Necklace | Sunglasses c/o IVI

Aqua Floral Blazer | ZARA Star Top (old) |  Ann Taylor Necklace

Just like some popular kids in high school, not all trends are what they're cracked up to be. But when it comes to mixing prints, it just took me a while to 'get it.' Although summer is long gone, this floral Aqua blazer (On sale $62, available at Bloomingdale's at The Falls) is perfect to usher in Miami's mild fall temps. It peeked out at me from the sale rack at Bloomies and I immediately started brainstorming how many different ways I could style it. See, I play a little game when I'm on the fence about a purchase- If I can wear it with at least two things I already own, it's justified. (Great strategy to avoid impulse buys.) At the top of that list was not a star printor any printbut when I found these two hanging side-by-side in my closet, the fashion gods spoke to me. 

Mixing prints isn't just for fashion editorials or bloggers, you just have to work with the right proportions and stay in the same color family. This unexpected combo works because the floral print is large, while the star print is on a smaller scale with fewer colors. The cherry on top is my gorgeous supernova necklace from Ann Taylor. (Big shout out to my boyfriend for this one, it's almost impossible to find!) Now it's your turn: Show me how you mix it up! Email me your best 'mixed prints' look to editor@kellysklosetblog.com & I'll post my favorites on Facebook.



SHOP THE LOOK
Share:

2 comments

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig