January Favorites


Place to ShopMarshalls, South Beach 
I almost don’t want to tell you about this store because I want to keep it all to myself! If you missed the story on my Instagram a couple of weeks ago, I helped Marshalls celebrate the grand opening of their beautiful new South Beach location with a surprise block party in collaboration with Buzzfeed. The best surprise? The store is stocked full of amazing designer finds. Valentino, Jimmy Choo, Gucci, Fendi, even Christian Louboutin shoes! I took home an OOC silk Rachel Zoe maxi dress, and a beautiful floral sundress (above) by Tracey Reese that was a total steal at under $100.

Outfit: Concert tee, distressed denim, and OTK boots. Moto jacket worn over the shoulders for dramatic effect.

Shoes: Cole Haan Marina Over-the-Knee Boots
If you’ve seen me in person in the last month or so, I’ve more than likely been wearing these. Despite the warmer temperatures in Miami, these boots are giving me life and I will sweat to wear them! Other than the Stuart Weitzman Highlands, Marina is the first pair of OTK boots I’ve found that don’t slouch when I walk/move/breathe. They fit snug – but not too tight – and the 85mm heel is comfortable enough for all-day wear. I may need to get the grey version before I wear mine out. (*Currently 30% off)

Fashion blogger Kelly Saks wears pearl blazer and marina over the knee boots. Street Style inspiration.
@kgohhsnap
Beauty Product: Beautycounter Purifying Charcoal Mask
My friend Angela turned me onto BC a couple of months ago and I’m so glad she did! Initially, the charcoal soap bar is what caught my eye, because, hello, black soap?! I started noticing charcoal beauty products all over the place, so I ordered the soap along with the mask to see what all the buzz was about. Turns out, charcoal is pretty amazing for detoxing your skin! I use the mask once a week on my t-zone area only, so as not to over-dry my skin. The magical charcoal powers can zap zits overnight when applied as a spot treatment for 10-min. It’s also guaranteed* to scare the crap out of your husband. Try it; its fun! (*this statement is not endorsed by Beautycounter, but is proven by me.)

Little Luxury: Diptyque Roses Candle
Eric will tell you that I have a sick obsession with candles, but when they smell as good as Diptyque candles do I think it’s totally normal to have at least 37 candles lit at all times. Totally. Normal. After hosting the opening of the brand’s Brickell City Centre store back in December, Diptyque was gracious enough to gift me a sampler of their mini candles which I burned through in an embarrassingly short amount of time. If I could light another one again right now, rose would be it. Deliciously elegant and fragrant as a secret garden. Also, the perfect Valentine’s day gift.

Experience: Amethyst Himalayan Massage at Âme Wellness Spa
The end of 2016 was mentally and physically exhausting for me with the purchase and remodel of our new home, so when I was invited for a day of pampering at the new Âme Spa at Turnberry Isle Miami I cleared my schedule. At first glance, Âme isn’t your typical luxury spa with flashy décor and grandiose architecture. The light-filled, three story building houses multiple treatment rooms, a full-service salon, and a wellness circuit designed to “inspire transformation by helping you balance the core elements of wellness.” Prior to my massage, I was guided through the wellness circuit by my very kind and attentive therapist, Karen, which included a Himalayan salt therapy room, Aroma therapy steam room, and a Swiss shower. (This was my first experience in a Swiss shower and while it seemed kind of archaic, the massage was intense!) The circuit takes about an hour, and prepares you to receive the maximum benefit from your treatment. The most unique part of this spa, and what will keep me coming back, are the Gharieni quartz-salt massage tables. The table is basically a sand box, and you receive your treatment while cocooned in a sheet over the warm sand-like mixture. Aside from being one of the best massage experiences I’ve ever had, the treatment is supposed to boost your immune system, reduce stress, and aid sleep.


Dot Com Discovery: Viyet, the Interior Design Marketplace
Since we moved into our new house in December, the only type of shopping I've really been interested in has been for home decor. My usual suspects are Homegoods and Target, but I've been in search of specific pieces that are either out of our budget or unavailable locally. Then, last week I was introduced to Viyet, a new online destination to buy and sell pre-owned designer furniture. If you're familiar with the designer consignment site The Real Real, it's the same concept, but instead of Loubs and Choos you can purchase everything from discounted Jonathan Adler chairs and lamps, vintage porcelain pottery, unique rugs, and one-of-a-kind estate furnishings. Typically you'd have to hire an interior designer to have access to designer furniture showrooms, but that's no longer the case thanks to Viyet. I'm currently eyeing this chic Glen Cove rug for my dining room that is in pristine showroom condition, and available at nearly half off retail! Viyet will be showcasing this weekend at the Design on a Dime Benefit and Sale in the Miami Design District, where you'll have the opportunity to meet their team and score designer home goods at discounted prices to benefit Housing Works. Get tickets here, and find Viyet on the 3rd Floor Marketplace.

Purchase: $10 Skirt at the ZARA Sale
Yes, it was $10. And yes, it’s sold out online. This one is pretty fab for only $12!

Night Out: Brickell City Centre Fashion Crawl
The mega mall (and my new favorite Miami spot!) invited the city's top style bloggers on a fashion crawl to discover ten of the newly opened retailers. We mixed, mingled, and toasted champagne throughout stores including Kendra Scott, Adolfo Dominguez, Caudalie, Coach, Koko & Palenki, Violetta's Home, Giorgio Armani, Agent Provocateur, and Lafayette 148. The MVP of the night was Brickellista's fur baby Zoe who shopped like a pro!

  


Place to Eat: Our New Kitchen!
I’ll save the details for the house reveal, but I will say there’s nothing quite like a home cooked meal in your dream kitchen. Now I just need to get some new recipes under my belt... the suggestion box is open!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig