Club Monaco NYFW Spring 2017 Collection

Kelly Saks styles the new Club Monaco Fashion Week Collection for Spring

I skipped New York Fashion Week this season but, thanks to Club Monaco, fashion week came to me.

Truthfully, I've been avoiding February Fashion Week ever since I was snowed in during Nemo back in 2013. (This Miami girl just can't deal.)

While NYFW was once exclusively for industry insiders - press and buyers - social media has blown open the doors and made the festivities easily accessible to anyone with a smart phone. This season, you may have even seen a show in real-time thanks to new live streaming features on Instagram and Facebook. For me this can often lead to FOMO, but then I remember that blizzard, and how exhausting changing into and out of "street shoes" and "show shoes" can be, and I get over it.

Club Monaco took Fashion Week to the next level last week when they unveiled their latest collection by inviting consumers to join fashion editors at their spring show. Following the presentation at their NYC flagship, the entire collection was immediately available to shop in-store and online. Talk about instant gratification!


Kelly's Picks: Club Monaco Fashion Week Collection



I stopped by the Club Monaco on Collins Avenue in South Beach to browse the new line, and instantly reached for this chic cold shoulder sweater. I then proceeded to put on my own fashion show in the dressing room, styling it with everything from a romantic peasant skirt to a multicolor pleated number, and ultimately this embroidered mini skirt. The peek-a-boo shoulder detail and oversized ruffles make this top such a showstopper, I'm sure I'll be wearing it often. (I'm also considering it in pink!)

To finish the look, I opted for the suede O-ring belt to cinch my waist and add a little luxe detail. I love that it adjusts to any size, and is easy to throw on over dresses, sweaters, and this season's trendy high-waist silhouettes.

What I Wore


Sweater
Skirt
Belt
Boots
Earrings
Le Specs Glasses
Chanel Bag

 


SHOP THE LOOK




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig