A Classic Summer Shirtdress with Ann Taylor


 "I have nothing to wear," takes on a whole new meaning in the summer months. When it's so hot and sticky that even your swimsuit seems like it's suffocating you, having to put on actual clothes can be a struggle. I teamed up with Ann Taylor to style a chic summer look and was immediately drawn to this vibrant birds of paradise shirtdress. The lush print featuring tropical birds and butterflies amongst rich foliage is so lovely, I can just imagine it as a painting in a bohemian beach house or resort. I love a classic shirtdress for warmer months because it's a quick way to look polished without feeling fussy. I mean, what's easier than throwing a dress on? Paired with a simple espadrille sandal and a statement accessory, (like my favorite panama hat,) a shirtdress is effortless and chic.

When we're not traveling, my husband and I usually spend summer weekends in Key Biscayne with our family. A typical day includes sleeping in, brunch, reading on the beach, and drinks with friends at our favorite beachside bar. (Dune at the Ritz Carlton.) My weekender bag usually consists of a couple of bikinis, a pair of denim shorts, tanks, and a versatile dress. This dress easily made the cut; it was light enough to throw on over my swimsuit one day, and perfect to enjoy Sunday brunch with my in-laws the next. (P.S. I love that Ann Taylor caters to shorter women like me with their Petite Shop. The length of this dress was perfect straight off the rack.)

Do you own any shirtdresses? From sleek white to palm prints and elegant eyelet - check out my favorite styles from Ann Taylor below and let me know which is your favorite in the comments!

KELLY'S PICKS: THE SHIRTDRESS






What I wore

Shirtdress c/o Ann Taylor (similar here and here)
Panama Hat c/o Ann Taylor (similar)
Suede Espadrille c/o Ann Taylor
Serpui Marie Straw Tote (old)
Sunglasses via Ditto
Taudrey Necklace & Rings


SHOP THE LOOK



Photography by @KGOhhSnap


This post is brought to you by Ann Taylor. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
SaveSave
SaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig