Lace, Ruffles & Bare Shoulders


It's ALL about the shoulders this season, so be prepared to see much more of mine. Shoulders were a major buzzword this week at Bloomingdale's Aventura where I had the privilege of co-hosting the spring fashion show alongside VOGUE Market Stylist Cara Crowley. I also styled the show, putting together 24 of my favorite spring looks featuring the top trends found at Bloomies.

Denim, stripes, romance, latin influence, exaggerated sleeves, graphic accessories and athleisure looks were all featured trends that dominated the runways at Fashion Week and are now filtering down to retailers.  One of my favorite comments that Cara made during the show was regarding shoulders, naturally. She recalled Donna Karan's advice that no matter her age or size, a woman's shoulders always look good - they never age.

Days earlier as I was styling looks for the show at Bloomies, I pulled this Alexis romper from the rack as soon as my eyes fell on the dramatic ruffled collar. I didn't even try it on before I decided that I would wear it for the show. The shoulder grazing ruffle paired with the contrasting raspberry and white lace are the epitome of femininity. You know that red dancer emoji? That's how I feel in this outfit. If baring my shoulders through the end of summer is wrong, I don't want to be right! Free the shoulders!


Special thanks to Glamsquad for my beautiful hair (by Jacqueline) & makeup (by Tonya)! I live for the perfect beach waves and bronzy makeup that lasts through the day. If you've never tried Glamsquad, click here to save $20 off your first at-home hair & makeup service. 



What I wore

Romper: Alexis (available at Bloomingdale's Aventura)*
Bag: Serpui (similar)*
Jewelry: Taudrey Pearl Bracelet
Taudrey Gold Cuff 1 & 2
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman

*use code FRIENDS to save 25% off through 4/10/16

SHOP THE LOOK





Photos: Gabe Media
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig