Buenos Aires, Argentina


Dramatic ruffles and red lips were non-negotiable when I visited the 'Paris of South America.'

I have to confess that while I was really looking forward to visiting Argentina, I wasn't expecting to fall in love. About a year ago, Eric's cousin shared that he was planning a post-baby vacation with his wife and asked if we would be interested in joining them. We've been planning together ever since. And by we, I mean the men. Ha. When it comes to traveling, I usually sit back while Eric over-plans. (Excel spreadsheets and all.) I'm a great sidekick and navigator, but I prefer to take a more laid back approach to vacation planning.

Since we only had two quick days in the Argentinian capital I didn't get to see and do everything on my list, but it was just enough time to get a taste of the magic of Buenos Aires.

My favorite part may have been sleeping under the same roof that Evita PerĂ³n once did! Our hotel, the Melia Recoleta Plaza, was Evita's first home in Buenos Aires and is filled with her belongings and memorabilia. With her name prominently featured on a golden plaque mounted outside the hotel, Evita welcomes every guest that walks through its doors with the life-sized portrait hanging in the foyer. Inspired by this, I may or may not have serenaded the neighborhood with my rendition of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" from my balcony... but I also may have been loopy from a long day of travel.

Some other highlights from our time in Buenos Aires include free walking tours, Dinner at iLatina, visiting the Recoleta Cemetery (a must-see!), coffee and medialunas at Cafe Croque Madame, and a fabulous $13USD (!) blowout at Kickaboo Salon.

I'll be sharing our full 10-day itinerary and all of my favorite experiences from Bariloche, Mendoza, and Buenos Aires, but in the meantime I couldn't wait to share these images from BA, (and my favorite outfit!) I was lucky enough to have Emma from Shoot My Travel meet me during our stay in the capital city and, in addition to capturing memorable photos, she took me to some unique parts of the Recoleta neighborhood that I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise.


What I Wore

Zara Dress
Forever 21 Hat (similar)


Photos by Emma Livingston for Shoot My Travel


SHOP THE LOOK



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig