What to Wear to a Summer Wedding


A summer wedding can be tricky to dress for, especially if it's a destination affair. When Eric's sister announced she would be saying "I do" in Portugal this summer I was excited to start planning our trip, which naturally was followed by thoughts of "but what will I wear?!" 
Since the wedding was overseas I knew I wanted to wear something simple that would pack well. An intricate or heavy dress would have been a burden to travel with, and risked being damaged during our travels prior to the wedding. Eric's mom requested the family dress in shades of blue, so that helped me narrow down my choices even further. 

For special occasions I typically like to shop in-store and try things on, but with my own wedding to plan and a busy schedule I opted to check out dresses online at edressme.com. I am probably the most indecisive person ever, (typical Libra), and was initially overwhelmed as edressme literally has thousands of beautiful dresses to choose from. Lucky for me, the site has a "wedding guest dresses" category and allows you to filter by color. After some browsing I came across the Mignon collection and was immediately drawn to the modern silhouettes with chic detailing. I eventually decided on this gown because I loved the color-blocking (which is a little unexpected for a wedding), and it met all of my criteria. The jersey material was a perfect choice because it's both comfortable to wear in warm temperatures and is virtually wrinkle-free. The dress traveled in a garment bag from Miami to three cities in Portugal and I never had to steam it!

With its bold blocks of cobalt and turquoise, and black sequin detailing this dress needed very little accessorizing. I picked up these chic tassel earrings at Savvy Girl in South Miami and paired them with my favorite black stingray cuff from Briana for a little touch of bling. I did something unusual and wore my hair straight, but I felt big hair would have been too much for the outdoor affair. (Plus I've been really feeling sleek hair lately.)

We had such a beautiful evening celebrating my future sister-in-law Adri and her new husband! The ceremony was held outdoors in a romantic garden setting followed by a Cuban-style pachanga of a reception that went into the wee hours of the morning. We laughed, cried, toasted, ate, danced, and ate some more - those Portuguese really like to eat! I even caught the bride's bouquet. Whether that was rigged or not I'm still not sure, but I do know that the next wedding I attend will not be as a guest!


What I wore

Mignon Collection Gown c/o edressme
Briana Stingray Cuff
Bebe miniaudiere (old)
Knotted Tassel Earrings via Savvy Girl Boutique


Quinta da Lumarinho, Portugal

SHOP THE LOOK

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig