Denim x Denim


As I walked through a store in South Beach last week I overheard a sales clerk exclaim, “She’s wearing the Kylie skirt!” By she, she meant me; and by Kylie she of course meant the insta-notorious Jenner/Kardashian. I felt annoyed by the comparison – how could a classic denim skirt be solely attributed to a teen reality star? Not to knock her influence, Kylie (with the help of a stylist) has worked hard to build up her style star over the past year, but this look is more That ‘70s Show than KUWTK.

Denim on denim has increasingly become one of my favorite go-to outfits, much to my fiancé’s dismay. (He lovingly calls me Jay Leno whenever he catches me in my Texas tuxedo. Psh.) Chambray is having a huge moment right now thanks in large part to the huge ‘70s revival we’re seeing in fashion. From flare jeans, leather and fringe, to clogs and platforms – boho styles are no longer relegated to the music festival scene. I probably haven’t worn a denim skirt since grade school, but I may never take this one off thanks to Express. The denim has a slight stretch to it which hugs my body in all the right places, rather than being stiff and unflattering. I honestly probably have five or six of the same Express denim boyfriend shirt in my closet but I keep buying them because they’re so versatile and comfortable (or because I have a hoarding problem, you decide).

While I’m on my denim kick, I just had to have this patchwork Chanel flap bag from the Spring/Summer 2015 collection. Best part? It’s on loan from Bag Borrow or Steal, (SATC fanatics may recall “it’s like Netflix for purses!”) so when I’m over the trend and can’t bear to see one more pair of jeans I can send it back and try a new handbag. I have my eye on this Chloe – so cute, right?


What I wore

Chanel Denim Flap Bag c/o Bag Borrow or Steal
Schutz 'Slate' Heel (Available in bronze)
Vintage Sunnies (Similar from Express)
Taudrey Bracelets*
Briana Pearl Ring
Rolex Watch

*Use code kellysaks10 for 10% off your Taudrey purchase!



SHOP THE LOOK



This post is brought to you by Express. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.



Photography by Bella Mente
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig