Maxi(mum) Spring Style with Purificación García


Sometime last year I discovered what is now one of my favorite stores, Purificación García at the Village of Merrick Park. I thought I had made an epic fashion discovery, but after bragging to my future sister-in-law, it turned out that PG (as the Spanos call it,) is a huge deal in Spain. The ready-to-wear and accessories boutique has become my go-to for affordable luxury, namely handbags, with chic leather crossbodies and quilted shoulder bags starting at around $100. (Remember this tote?)

Last month I had the distinct honor of meeting the designer herself during a personal appearance at the Coral Gables store, (the only one in the United States,) and was in awe of her beauty and sweet demeanor. I had an immediate connection with her as she hails from the same town in Spain as my abuelo, Orense. She launched her first boutique in Barcelona in 1995, and since then has opened over 40 stores in her native country while expanding abroad to Venezuela, Mexico, Colombia and Poland.

I was invited to style a look from the spring collection and was immediately drawn to this beautiful red maxi skirt and classic blouse. The top wraps around the waist giving it a more relaxed aesthetic, and also looks great with flared jeans or culottes. Teamed with a red lip and sleek chignon, I felt every bit of my Spanish roots shining through. The look wouldn't be complete without a stylish bag, and this white leather shopper with bamboo handles was the perfect choice for the spring/summer season.

Visit Purificacion Garcia at the Village of Merrick Park, 358 San Lorenzo Avenue in Coral Gables.


What I wore

Purificacion Garcia White Wrap Blouse c/o*
PG Floral Print Maxi Skirt c/o*
Stella McCartney Sunnies c/o Ditto (in black & tortoise)
Vintage Michael Kors Wedges
T'Audrey Autograph Plate Necklace (Use code 'kellysaks10' for 10% off)
*items available in store only


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig