The Last Single Girl Valentine's Day



Roses are red, violets are blue... I'll spare you the rest. I mean, red is my color, and I love roses, but I'm just not a poetic Valentine. I love love, but not Valentine's Day. Am I the only woman that feels this way?

Eric has asked me at least three times this week where I'd like to have dinner to celebrate. For me, V-Day at an overpriced "be seen" restaurant with grand gestures and gaudy flower arrangements are so... cheesy, and awkward. The truth is that my favorite Valentine's dates have been the ones when he's cooked me a special meal at home, (our very first,) or when we've gone to our favorite hole-in-the-wall taco joint, (maybe number 5? I've lost count.) So I told him I want to keep it low-key, as usual. We're already going to see a matinee of Into the Woods at The Adrienne Arsht Center, (which he bought tickets for after I protested him not wanting to see the movie.) Then I came to the realization that this is my last single girl Valentine's Day!! Commence panic? No. Way. Successful relationships like ours aren't based off of over the top dates filled with expensive gifts and heart-shaped candy one day out of the year. They're about making sure that your partner feels loved, admired, appreciated and respected, every single day. (So far, so good!) After 27 single girl Valentine's Days, I'm pretty excited for this to be my last one.

Hope you all feel the love this Valentine's Day! XOXO


I will love you forever, Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours. ~Mr. Big


What I wore

Schutz Slate Bootie (black, bronze)
Briana Evil Eye Ring





SHOP THE LOOK






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig