Lyon, Part II




The morning after our engagement I woke up and had to check my left ring finger to make sure it wasn't a dream. (The ring was still there, whew!) We had a full day to explore Lyon and made plans to check out the rest of the "old town" including the Roman ruins. First stop was breakfast, where I decided to share our special news with the world via instagram, natch. The weather in Lyon was considerably warmer than I expected, (I was melting in this outfit,) so I opted for my new Zara shorts sans tights. I purchased them the day before our trip and love the high-waisted cut and bow detail. 

Because Lyon is mostly cobblestone, my black wingtip loafers were a must to explore comfortably. I hate wearing flats, but vacation calls for practicality. If ever visiting Lyon, France, you can't miss taking a walk to La basilique de Notre-Dame de Fourvière. The path that leads up to the church is the best place to get a bird's eye view of the city. The basilica, sitting atop the hill of Fourvière, was built in the late 19th century and is absolutely breathtaking with spectacular ornate mosaics lining the walls and ceilings. It was the perfect place to find a peaceful moment and give thanks for all of the blessings coming our way.

P.S. Today I got some more exciting news in finding out that I've been nominated for Racked Miami's first-ever Best Miami Fashion Blogger Award! Please take two seconds of your time to support me by voting here. Thank you! (The poll closes on Wednesday morning.)


What I wore
Portofino Shirt c/o Express | Shorts by Zara | Quilted Pearl Crossbody by Purificacion Garcia (similar) | Celine Sunglasses | Loafers by Enzo Angiolini (similar) | Jewelry: Autograph Plate Necklace c/o T'Audrey, Screw Cuff by Henri Bendel, Zodiac Cuff c/o Express, Double Pearl Earrings c/o Express

SHOP THE LOOK





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig