Kate Upton Debuts as New Express It Girl at Miami Runway Show

   
The moment I was told I would have the opportunity to interview Kate Upton at the Express Runway Show last week, I went into glam overtime. I mean, what else are you supposed to do when preparing to face a Sport’s Illustrated bombshell? I squatted, juiced, exfoliated, and tanned – it was almost like preparing for my own swimsuit competition. In my defense, I wore a (fab) blush tone crop top and high waisted short shorts, so said regimen was needed. I completed my look with a metallic envelope wristlet, and a stack of bracelets including this evil eye and medallion charm bracelet, all from Express, natch.
When I finally had my 15 seconds with the new brand spokesperson, I asked Kate the question that was on everyone’s mind – why Express? In addition to the coveted SI Swim cover, she’s graced the cover of Vogue, twice. She recently had a campaign with Sam Edelman, and could undoubtedly work with a slew of major fashion brands. Her response was as simple as her natural charm, she grew up wearing Express because it was both stylish and affordable, so it felt right. P.S. She’s just as beautiful fully clothed as she is in next to nothing, promise.
 
Express did a phenomenal job with the set-up at The Raleigh Hotel. Models were seemingly walking on water with the runway suspended over the iconic pool. Lots of sleek, black looks made their way down the runway, with my favorites being a chic strapless purple dress with palm tree print (love!), a zebra print midi skirt, and super sexy suede fringe heels which you can get right here (under $100!) You can shop the looks straight from the runway at express.com/runway. If something you love isn’t available, keep checking back as new items will be updated weekly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Before the show with my girl Annie (The Fashion Poet)
 
 

Shop My Look




Photos courtesy of Express and Skinny Intern.


This post was made possible by Express.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig