Summer Festival Style Under $100

Sweet summa summa-time means afternoons spent at the pool, weekend cookouts, lazy Sundays, baseball games, and summer concerts. 

I forgot how much fun a concert could be until I recently got to experience one of the most epic acts of all time with two of my best friends, Stephanie and Nany. After 17 years, I finally got to see the Backstreet Boys live at the iHeart Summer music festival at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach! As soon as the first notes of “Larger than Life” started playing it was like I was thirteen-years-old all over again. What a night! (If you follow me on instagram you saw how hyped we were!)

The days leading up to seeing my teenage idols in concert for the first time included one major decision: what to wear. Ever since “festival style” became its own trend, there’s so much more pressure when getting dressed for your favorite concert. One thing is for sure, typical concert attire need not apply. My go-to look for an outdoor concert incorporates two important things: on-trend style, and maximum range of motion to allow for plenty of dancing. The answer? A trusty romper.


The key to great festival style is personalizing your look with functional accessories. Must-haves on the festival circuit this year include a mini crossbody bag, to store your essentials including lip gloss, compact, smartphone and credit card; oversized sunglasses to protect your eyes (and possibly conceal tears of joy,) and the it-girl accessory of the moment: a choker necklace. Boho-inspired styles are always trending during festival season, and you can rock the trend with bold floral prints, bare shoulders, and leather tassels as I did.

While attending a summer festival can cost a small fortune, your outfit doesn’t have to! I love shopping at Marshalls because they offer the best value for the same of-the-moment, quality merchandise I find at my local department stores. The savings allow me to experiment with different trends that I normally wouldn’t splurge on. Let’s face it, when you purchase an outfit for a concert or special event it’s unlikely you’ll wear it again. My entire concert look clocks in under $100. I scored this cold-shoulder romper in the junior’s department at Marshalls for under $20, and my crossbody bag (which doubles as an after-party clutch) was only $16. As for my favorite part? These block-heeled, ultra-comfy Dolce Vita leather sandals were just $59.99 at Marshalls but currently sell for double that at other stores. They helped me dance the night away with BSB, and for that they’re my MVP.

Marshalls Finds: Romper - $19.99, Mini Crossbody Bag - $16.99, Dolce Vita Sandals - $59.99


I'm a paid Marshalls ambassador and this post originally appeared on the Marshalls blog.


Photos by Gabe Media
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig