Lovers in Paris: Our Engagement Shoot


Shooting our engagement photos in Paris was an absolute fairytale. I still can't believe this is us! I've been anxiously waiting to receive the full set of photos from our sweet and talented photographer, The Paris Photographer, for a couple of months now so when I received a late night Facebook message from Fran last week I literally jumped out of my seat. As soon as I clicked the link to our private photo gallery I was instantly transported back to that unforgettable Friday afternoon in Paris. 

How this photoshoot came together was truly luck. See: serendipity. Let me begin by saying that I didn't know that Eric was going to propose during our vacation. (Promise!) That didn't stop nearly all of our friends and family, (and even strangers,) from assuming he would - and telling me so! The constant reminders led me to research Parisian photographers, and that's when I found Fran. I mean, I couldn't pack my fave blogger photog Andrea in my suitcase so I needed to have a talented alternate on my radar, just in case. Engagement or not, I was going to have a beautiful memory of our trip preserved on film.

The outfit? Because we planned to be in France and Switzerland for about ten days, and I knew we would be having at least one elegant dinner, I packed this beautiful Chiffon Skirt and Lace Top for a special occasion. I planned to wear it out in Paris one evening, a la Carrie Bradshaw. When the proposal actually happened, I contacted Fran almost immediately after breaking the news to our families and best friends. It was 2 a.m. and I was both overjoyed and exhausted from traveling all day, but I managed to write him a coherent email to inquire about his availability for the following week. He was booked solid, but fortunately offered to squeeze us in on Friday afternoon - before our planned arrival in Paris. 

From having to rearrange our travel itinerary, to shopping for Eric's black suit in Strasbourg, and worrying about the rainy weather in Paris the days leading up to our shoot, I can only say that it was truly magical the way everything came together. Fran photographed us on Friday, October 10, 2015, at the Pont Alexandre III. I was pleasantly surprised to find we were working with a consummate professional; beyond his extraordinary talent and passion for his craft, Fran was friendly, funny and warm. His patience and guidance put Eric at ease and brought out the best in both of us during our nearly two-hour shoot. The resulting images are more than I could have ever wished for. I hope you love them as much as we do! xx


What I wore


Hair & Makeup: by Me, wearing Hotheads Hair Extensions

Photos by The Paris Photographer


SHOP THE LOOK

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig