Wine Tasting in Napa Valley


ZARA Top | Express Jeans | Love Culture Scarf | Michael Michael Kors Selma Tote | BCBG Wedges

My first time in Napa Valley was such a dream that thinking back on it just makes me want to plan another trip! While traveling across the country is always exhausting I'm not the type to fly in sweats, so I try and make my airport attire as comfortable (and chic) as possible. Flying out of Miami before the sun was up definitely wasn't ideal, so a cozy scarf and billowy blouse was the perfect combo for a six hour nap. (Yes, I traveled in these BCBG wedges. Love. Them.)

We arrived to SFO airport around  lunchtime and stopped in Sausalito for lunch - a must! It's one of the most charming little bayside towns I've ever been to, and Salito's Crab House is delish if you like super fresh seafood with a view. Once we arrived in Napa we headed to the Robert Mondavi Winery for our first wine tasting. Mondavi is the perfect place for first timers because the tour guides provide a very general, but informative, overview of wine making. The grounds of the winery are absolutely picture perfect, with beautiful red and yellow roses growing among the grapes. If you're thinking of planning a trip to Napa consider going in the fall during harvest season; I totally missed out on my 'I Love Lucy' grape stomping reenactment!

Robert Mondavi Winery uses only french oak barrels for storing its wine. Each barrel costs nearly $1,000! 
A stunning statue of St. Francis of Assisi greets guests at the winery. Mondavi's widow, Margrit Biever Mondavi, is a lifelong art collector and commissioned pieces by Italian sculptor Beniamino Bufano that can be found throughout the property.
Share:

1 comment

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig