Who Wore It Better: Halloween Edition


Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I guess I have my mom to thank, who always has our home festively decorated top to bottom by October 1st, and to this day still insists on dressing up in costume. Last year she was Lady Gaga. Swear. Halloween is the perfect time of year to let my creative juices flow and get down with some DIY. No one likes showing up to a party where five other people are in the same costume, especially not me! I had been plotting this costume for years, I just needed to get Eric on board. (Yes, my beau's name is Eric. This couple's costume was obviously fate.) So when he finally agreed  gave in, my inner 6-year-old princess jumped for joy! Here's how I transformed into a newly human Ariel

Supplies:
Red Wig
Red Face Paint (for the brows)
White Sheet
12-15 ft of Rope (or thick yarn)
Starfish
Glue Gun
Nude heels
Large Fork (aka dinglehopper)

1. Wrap yourself toga-style in the white sheet and have a friend help you trim the bottom. No need for straight lines, this is supposed to look like a broken sail. Best method is to use sharp shears to make the first cut and then rip the sheet by hand. (I recommend wearing a nude bandeau & shorts underneath. Modesty, ladies!)
2. Use the rope to secure the sheet, wrapping around your chest and waist, and then tying a knot. Safety pin the top of the sheet to your bandeau to keep from having a wardrobe malfunction.
3. Create a chic hair accessory by hot gluing a barrette or bobby pin to a dry Starfish (available at Michael's craft store for about $5.)
4. Strap on your wig, paint your brows, and top off with flirty eyelashes and glittery lipgloss. Don't forget your dinglehopper

L to R: Miss Piggy, Prince Eric, Guy in a Cage?, Ariel, and Sassy Devil
Happy Haunting!

Share:

4 comments

© Kelly Saks - Miami's Fashion Girl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig